- The basic process of creating Rayon is treating and dissolving
cellulose in a soda solution and passing it through tiny
holes into a chemical bath which forms the fibres. The type
of Rayon produced is named by the process which was used
to produce it. Viscose is one of the earliest and most commonly
used production method today. It makes up the majority of
Rayon used in clothing textiles.
Viscose Filament Yarn
here for Flowchart Diagram of Viscose Rayon.
- Rayon grade pulp is steeped in caustic soda.
- Excess lye is drained in slurry presses to obtain alkali
- Alkali cellulose is reacted with sulphite then dissolved
in dilute caustic soda to give Viscose which is de-aerated,
filtered and ripened before extrusion into a spinning bath
containing sulphuric acid and a special additives.
- Cellulose is regenerated in the form of fine filaments
and sodium sulphate is processed with the liberation of
- The filaments are grouped together & wound on cones
/ bobbins to produce yarns of required deniers.